Thursday, July 30, 2009

Enjoying the journey

During the last week we drove from Blanding to Seattle. Then we've spent the last few days shopping for our years supply of stuff. Throughout the whole trip Sammie has been singing. I'm told the song is on Madagascar 2, but the lines she sings say "I've been around the world in the pouring rain, I've been to many places that look the same. My people, my people, take me to my people now." She sings it with a great little attitude in her voice. I recorded her singing it while she was in the bath, but I decided I shouldn't post that recording on line. So I got her to perform it for me, which is never as cute as when she's just singing to herself, but I think it's cute. We're hanging out in the hotel in Seattle tonight waiting to take the ferry tomorrow. We'll be in our new home in a couple more days. Yah!!

1 comment:

Becks said...

Hurray! Post pictures when you can! How is all the traveling? Are the kids surviving? Are YOU surviving? I'm still trying to figure out where the heck the summer went. I had so many good intentions of spending more time with you. Isn't there a saying about a certain road to a certain unpleasant place being paved with good intentions? Anyways, I love ya to pieces and am glad I had a little time with you! Enjoy your new adventure!!!